Beyond the Border takes place in St Donats Castle in the Vale of Glamorgan, on the Welsh coast just outside Cardiff.
The full address is St Donats Castle, St Donats, Vale of Glamorgan CF61 1WF
Connections from Cardiff and Bridgend to local station Llantwit Major (trains every hour, except Sunday every two hours). Taxis from Llantwit Major to the festival site cost just £5, so if you are travelling in a group this is only a small expense.
Cardiff Airport is about 1/2 an hour from the Festival site and taxis cost approximately £20. From other Airports we advise then using rail services as above.
Looking for a car share? We have a page on gocarshare.com where you can log your requirements and meet other people looking to share. GoCarShare uses Facebook, so you can see if you share friends or like similar music to your potential car share buddies.
The festival site is less than 1/2 an hour off the M4. Do NOT go through the towns of either Cowbridge or Llantwit Major themselves unless you'd like to visit them they have small roads and are not the best way to the site.
From London and the East
Use the A48 and follow the Brown heritage signs with St Donats Castle/Atlantic College - pictures of castles in some places until you reach the castle, then proceed past the College to the Festival site entrance.
Leave the M4 at Junction 33 (Cardiff West and Airport) and at the first major exit
• Take the A48 towards Bridgend
• Go past Cowbridge, then the St Donats/Atlantic College is sign-posted for the next turning after some distance
• At Pentre Meyrick, turn left and follow the road to Llantwit Major;
• Just before Llantwit Major, the route is sign-posted to the right at a traffic circle;
• Continue on the B4265 for approximately one mile;
• Turn left at the staggered junction (sign-posted) and follow the narrow farm road then turn left at the T junction
From the West
Leave the M4 at Junction 37 and follow the signs to the Airport.
• In Bridgend turn off the A48 to the right and onto the B4265 towards Llantwit Major and Barry;
• Pass through Ewenny, St Brides Major and Wick;
• Two miles from Wick the College is sign-posted to the right at a staggered junction;
• Follow the narrow farm road and at the next T-junction, turn left.
In both cases, pass the two entrances to Atlantic College and the Castle and proceed until you reach the entrance to the Festival site on your right.
New Adventure Travel launches a new bus service to and from St Donats and Llantwit Major in mid-June. We will put a link here as soon as the timetable is confirmed. More info.