Open Recruitment of Trustees
Would you like to help us plan our 25th Anniversary festival in 2018?
We are excited to be starting the work for our 25th anniversary festival in 2018 and have the opportunity to appoint some new trustees to help guide the festival forward. Beyond the Border is held every two years which means our planning cycle begins in the previous year – now is the perfect time to join our small team and help support Wales’ foremost storytelling festival.
What we’re looking for:
Planning and delivering the festival requires a very broad range of skills and qualities. As a result we are looking for trustees from a diverse range of people so that collectively we can work towards making sure the 25th Anniversary festival is the best one yet. Ideally each trustee brings something different to the table and we’d be particularly interested in hearing from people who can offer knowledge or experience in any of the following:
• Social media, website development or ICT in general
• Business planning/business strategy
• The charity sector or social enterprise development
• Financial administration and/or working with grant funding
• The Arts/Creative industries and/or festival planning
• Project Management
• Volunteer recruitment/coordination or HR
What’s involved in being a trustee with Beyond the Border:
Our trustee meetings are usually held in the Cardiff area, but remote attendance through Skype is a possibility so distance isn’t necessarily a barrier to being a trustee.The trustee meetings sow the seeds that eventually create that special magic that is the Beyond the Border Festival. Trustees’ input really does make a difference. The meetings cover the initial conceptualisation of the festival along with supplementary projects and then develop the artistic and entrepreneurial aspects that ensure we remain financially sustainable whilst achieving our core mission to ‘create, encourage and promote traditional storytelling for contemporary audiences’ and to achieve our vision of ‘bringing the world to Wales, and take Wales to the world’.
How to apply:
If interested, please write to us detailing why you are interested in becoming a trustee and what you feel you could offer. Please also detail anything that you are looking to gain from being a trustee as well.
- email you letter to [email protected] (Informal enquiries and questions can be directed to the same email)
- post applications to Beyond The Border Storytelling Festival Ltd, Baltic House, Mount Stuart Square, Cardiff, CF10 5FH
Closing date for applications is 30th June 2017.